Commentary on the gospel of Mary
Modern Gnostic Society of the Rose Cross
By David S Cowan
. . Will matter then be destroyed or not?
22) The Savior said, All nature, all formations, all creatures exist in and with one another, and they will be resolved again into their own roots.
23) For the nature of matter is resolved into the roots of its own nature alone.
24) He who has ears to hear, let him hear
The gospel of Mary chapter 4
All nature, all formations will be resolved again into their roots. All nature is the display of Sophia which is fallen. In other words all of Sophia is temporal, the universal mind. One mind which is the ‘I’ which is constantly moving. When the form degrades or fades it disappears into the one consciousness. The consciousness did not create it but rather the form arose from it. The mind hides the consciousness but only in waking and dreaming and momentarily after the form fades in waking.
33) When the Blessed One had said this, He greeted them all,saying, Peace be with you. Receive my peace unto yourselves.
34) Beware that no one lead you astray saying Lo here or lo there! For the Son of Man is within you.
35) Follow after Him!
36) Those who seek Him will find Him.
37) Go then and preach the gospel of the Kingdom.
38) Do not lay down any rules beyond what I appointed you, and do not give a law like the lawgiver lest you be constrained by it.
39) When He said this He departed.
The gospel of Mary chapter 4 vs 33 – 35.
The son of man is within you but not as you.
The som of man is the inner self without the ‘I’, in other words the one.
The son of man, father is the one. When the earthly things dissolve , heavenly things dissolve, thus all that remains is the one. The waking, dreaming solve into dreamless sleep, it is not you sleeping it is the one consciousness. All that is needed is to recognise it and guidance which I have given you all.
Anyone who says god is in some other person or place, if they do not grasp that the universe is mind, dont have the gnosis. They will lead u astray.
5) Peter said to Mary, Sister we know that the Savior loved you more than the rest of woman.
6) Tell us the words of the Savior which you remember which you know, but we do not, nor have we heard them.
7) Mary answered and said, What is hidden from you I will proclaim to you.
And she began to speak to them these words: I, she said, I saw the Lord in a vision and I said to Him, Lord I saw you today in a vision. He answered and said to me,
9) Blessed are you that you did not waver at the sight of Me. For where the mind is there is the treasure.
10) I said to Him, Lord, how does he who sees the vision see it, through the soul or through the spirit?
11) The Savior answered and said, He does not see through the soul nor through the spirit, but the mind that is between the two that is what sees the vision and it is […]
The gospel of Mary chapter 5 vs 5 – 11
Jesus said to Mary where the mind is there is the treasure, this is because the mind hides the divine substance in matter.
The Nous , discerning intellect can see that the vision is a temporal image and not the one god through gnosis or guidance.
Jesus taught matter hides the divine substance (helem) concealment. Also in visions, the divine hides behind the images.
The ultimate wisdom is when the all dissolves into the one and there is silence. This is the end of ignorance, gnosis.
10) And desire said, I did not see you descending, but now I see you ascending. Why do you lie since you belong to me?
11) The soul answered and said, I saw you. You did not see me nor recognize me. I served you as a garment and you did not know me.
12) When it said this, it (the soul) went away rejoicing greatly.
The Gospel of Mary chapter 8 vs 10 – 12
This is the soul dialogue of astral travel to the one via conversations of the 4 powers.
Currently we are on the 2nd power – desire.
Desire says i did not see you descend, the power of desire knows who you are.
It says now i see you descend, why are you lying. Desire knows you are the one.
Since you belong to me, (is the impulse of desire.)
The soul says i saw you and you didn’t recognise me .I served you as a garment and you didnt know me.
This is implying the soul- (the ousia divine substance) which desire didn’t recognise.
The soul knowing its divine substance went away rejoicing.
13) Again it came to the third power, which is called ignorance.
14) The power questioned the soul, saying, Where are you going? In wickedness are you bound. But you are bound; do not judge!
15) And the soul said, Why do you judge me, although I have not judged?
16) I was bound, though I have not bound.
17) I was not recognized. But I have recognized that the All is being dissolved, both the earthly things and the heavenly.
The gospel of Mary chapter 8 vs 13 – 17
Verse 17 refers to the soul describing the dreamless sleep state . The waking state, earthly things disolve into dreaming. The dreaming, heavenly things dissolve into dreamless state. In the dreamless state there is No ‘I’.
So the whole point of the dialogue of soul and powers is to reveal the truth of the one, who really is. This is the undoing of ignorance, wisdom of the one (the inner self).
18) When the soul had overcome the third power, it went upwards and saw the fourth power, which took seven forms.
19) The first form is darkness, the second desire, the third ignorance, the fourth is the excitement of death, the fifth is the kingdom of the flesh, the sixth is the foolish wisdom of flesh, the seventh is the wrathful wisdom. These are the seven powers of wrath.
20) They asked the soul, Whence do you come slayer of men, or where are you going, conqueror of space?
21) The soul answered and said, What binds me has been slain, and what turns me about has been overcome,
22) and my desire has been ended, and ignorance has died.
23) In a aeon I was released from a world, and in a Type from a type, and from the fetter of oblivion which is transient.
24) From this time on will I attain to the rest of the time, of the season, of the aeon, in silence.
The gospel of mary chapter 8 vs 18 – 24
The fourth power has seven forms and these relate to –
ego identification, darkness, desire, ignorance, fear of death not excitement lol. Kingdom of flesh, foolish wisdom of flesh, wrathfull wisdom – all ego centered.
At this point the soul no longer idenitifies with the universe, the ‘I’. That which binds has been slain and what turns about is the ego, indiviudal soul identification.
The end is silence but only because there is only the one.
End of commentary
Please follow and like us: