(1) His disciples questioned him, (and) they said to him: “Do you want us to fast? And how should we pray and give alms? And what diet should we observe?”
(2) Jesus says: “Do not lie. (3) And do not do what you hate.
(4) For everything is disclosed in view of .
(5) For there is nothing hidden that will not become revealed.
(6) And there is nothing covered that will remain undisclosed.”
Source the english translation of the gospel of thomas
What does this mean?
Jesus is saying keep yourself upright. Dont decieve yourself and dont be unhappy , dont do something you hate. If we lie then of course we wont be happy.
This advice is from a duality world view, ordinary world. Then jesus says everything will be disclosed. This is because when we enter deep deep sleep and the I drops , we loose individual awareness. We disolve into the monad, the father, oneness. The world covers the father monad, it hides it. However it cant hide it for long as everything is moving , in a flux. Thus the father cannot be undisclosed as the nature of the father is always there but unrecognised.
#gnosis #gnostic #gnosticism #knowledgeofself #gospelofthomas